Importance of a prenuptial
What is the importance of a prenuptial when it comes to property. In this current time, there is an increase of divorce cases across the globe. Making a decision to come up with securing your assets and properties before entering marriage is a practical move by drafting a prenuptial agreement.
Importance of a prenuptial
A Thai prenuptial agreement, so called, “prenup”, is a written arrangement between marrying parties wherein it highlights specifically the list of owned properties and assets you currently hold which you wish to protect in the event that your marriage ends up in a divorce. This is a contact as well, wherein you may state what would be your arrangements with the properties and assets you may have obtained during your marriage, and to the extent of ownership and share one must have.
Preparing a prenuptial agreement has been widely accepted and practiced in Thailand, as it provides security to both parties involved to protect the things which they want to protect for themselves. This contract among marrying parties, has also been encouraged however, it is not the same or acceptable to all.
Requirements in making a Thailand prenuptial agreement:
- The contract must be made in writing and each party must have their own lawyer.
- It must be signed by both parties and witnesses.
- Thai and English versions must be drafted, it will serve as the basis of understanding for both local and foreigner couple.
- And the contract or prenuptial agreement must be registered at the same district office or “Amphur” wherein your marriage will be registered.
Importance of having a Thai prenuptial agreement drafted:
- It protects personal properties and assets which has been acquired before you entered marriage.
- It helps to secure family property, as well as business assets which may protect you from any debts made by your spouse.
- It entitles what is due for your children, financial aids and custody rights.
- It reduces conflicts in divorce proceedings as this will be the reference on what arrangements you want for both.
It is highly recommended to hire a Family lawyer in Thailand to assist you on reviewing and drafting your prenuptial agreement before getting married. It is still best to prepare and discuss this matter before marriage to protect you from conflicts or problems in the future when marriage will not last long and ends in divorce. You can see the importance of a prenuptial in Thailand.https://thailandprenuptial-agreement.com/importance-of-a-prenuptial.htmlhttps://thailandprenuptial-agreement.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/mediaite-1024x651.jpeghttps://thailandprenuptial-agreement.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/mediaite-150x150.jpegPropertyWhat is the importance of a prenuptial when it comes to property. In this current time, there is an increase of divorce cases across the globe. Making a decision to come up with securing your assets and properties before entering marriage is a practical move by drafting a prenuptial...admin07 AdministratorPrenuptial Agreements in Thailand